Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This recipe for sauteed spinach and beef is prepared with easily accessible ingredients. It can be served with rice or pasta. You can also eat this as a main meal without a side. Though i used beef you can also use chicken or seafood if that is your choice.
This recipe is healthy and nutritious, an excellent source of Folate, vitamins A, B, and C.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp grated peeled ginger
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lbs sliced beef
- 1 pound pre-washed spinach
- 2 tomato’s, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions (spring onion), thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- onions, 1 cup sliced
- 1 tbs thyme
- 1 tsp red pepper flake
- 2 stock cube
- salt to taste
1. Stir together soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Combine the beef, chili powder, stock cube and red flake pepper in a bowl. Allow to marinate for about an hour.
3. Set your pan on the stove and add Beef, 1 cup water,salt,onions, stock cube, garlic and thyme. Cook till its tender then set aside.
4. Add onions, tomato, scallion,stock cube and garlic to pan, stir fry until soft. Add beef to pan along with spinach. Stir fry until spinach wilts. Stir in soy sauce mixture and add salt to taste.
5. Cook for about 1 minute, and its ready to serve.
The flavors in this meal are bright and fresh. I served my sauteed spinach and beef with pasta. Try out this recipe to get a healthy dose of vegetable without noticing. Enjoy!