Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Oven Baked moi-moi
This is another way to make Moi-moi. I decided to add a different twist to it by adding plantain and veggies.
2 cups dried black eye beans
2 onions chopped
2 red scotch bonnet pepper
½ cup of crayfish
Hardboiled egg sliced
1 cup green beans
1 cup sweet pepper
1 cup sliced plantain (roasted)
1 cooking spoon olive oil
2 stock cubes
- Soak beans in water to soften the skin. Then rub the beans with your hands to peel of the skin. Add water to beans and separate the floating skin from the beans.
- Cut the plantain, add some salt to taste and put it into the oven. roast till it’s cooked turning from side to side.
- Put the beans, onions and pepper into the blender add some water and blend. Be careful not to add too much water.Add enough water to get a pasty consistency.
- Pour the beans paste into a bowl and add crayfish, olive oil, salt, and stock cubes. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into oiled baking pan. Add the egg, plantain and veggies.
- Cover pan with foil and place into oven.
- Set oven to 350°F and bake for about 40 minutes or till its ready.
- Remove pan from the oven, allow to cool and serve