If you eliminate a food you love, you will only want it more. If you love pasta and want to eat it, just flood it with as many nutrients as possible. Add lots of your favorite vegetables into the sauce. I used broccoli, carrot, and green beans in mine. They are delicious and you won’t even notice they are there. For this spaghetti and vegetables recipe, I also added minced meat and shrimp to make it balanced, all food groups are included in this delicious meal. When trying to lose weight, eliminating a food group can help but it may not be sustainable in the long run. The key to eating healthy is having everything in moderation.
Pasta with vegetable, minced meat and shrimp recipe
1 pack whole grain spaghetti
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon dry basil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
salt to taste
1 teaspoon beef seasoning
2 cups of carrot
2 cups broccoli
1 cup green beans
1 cup minced meat
1 cup onions chopped
3 cups of crushed tomato
3/4 pounds shrimp
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the pack. Drain and set aside
- In a non stick pan, add meat, beef seasoning, onions and half cup of water, cook till it’s no longer pink. Set aside.
- Set non stick pan on stove and add the olive oil, garlic and onions. Cook till it begins to sizzle then stir in the crushed tomato, basil and red pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Add the cooked minced meat and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrot, green beans, shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta. Mix until it’s cover well with sauce and veggies. Cook 2-3 minutes or till it’s well heated.
FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM