Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Water Is important for the body to work properly. it helps get rid of body waste through sweating and urinating. For our body to act properly, it’s essential to replace water lost everyday. Lack of water can lead to dehydration. Dehydration is a condition that occurs when a person loses more fluid than he or she consumes. It’s recommended that women drink a total of 91 ounces(2.7 liters) a day. For men it’s about 125 ounces(3.7 liters) a day.
Health benefits of drinking water
- Drinking water before every meal can help you lose weight.
- Water aids the process of digestion and prevents constipation.
- It may prevent kidney problem.
- Water helps fuel the muscle.
- It helps keep your skin looking good-by moisturising it and encouraging proper formation of cells underneath the skin.
- water helps with bowel function.
- we need water for the proper circulation of nutrients in the body.
- Drinking the right amount of water may decrease the risk of certain diseases such as colon and bladder cancer.
- Water can help prevent headaches.
Ways you can drink more water
- Set a goal and plan how much water you will drink everyday.
- Eat more fruits and vegetable. Foods like watermelon, pineapple and cucumber have a high water content.
- Dilute other drinks you take with water.
- Track water intake. Keeping a record of how much water you take will let you know when you are not drinking enough.
- Infuse water with fruits. Infusing water with your favourite fruit will add flavour to it and make it tastier.
- Carry a water bottle with you when going out.
- Replace other drinks you take with water.
- Drink water at every meal.
- Drink water with straw. This will make you sip more water within a short period.
- Drink less caffeine. It has a diuretic effect on the body and can make the body lose water.