Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Natural stretch mark remedies
Stretch marks are a form of scarring on the skin caused by the tearing of the dermis. Stretch Marks occur as a result of sudden stretching of the skin caused by weight gain, pregnancy or rapid growth during puberty. There are many natural stretch mark remedies that can reduce or fade its appearance . Here are some quick home remedies .
Lemon juice with its lightening properties is an effective remedy for reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, acne, and other scars.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a container
- Using cotton wool, dab the fresh lemon juice gently on the stretch marks using circular motions.
- Let the lemon juice soak into your skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Moisturize your skin with olive oil
You can also mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.
Aloe vera is known for its healing and soothing properties. It’s very effective in reducing the appearance of stretch marks on the skin.
- Extract the sticky gel inside the aloe vera plant
- Apply the fresh aloe vera gel on your skin
- Keep it on for 15 minutes then rinse out with warm water
you can also make a homemade mask with aloe vera, avocado and olive oil
- Mix 6 tablespoons of aloe vera, 5 tablespoon of avocado and 3 tablespoon of olive oil in a container.
- Apply the mask on clean skin and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water
- Repeat this treatment two times a week.
Sugar is known for its exfoliating effect. It can be used to make a scrub that can be applied in the affected area. The coarse nature of sugar helps get rid of dead skin and minimise the appearance of stretch marks.
- Add two heaped tablespoon of sugar into cup
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix it all together and apply to the affected area using a circular motion.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes then rinse off.
This is filled with minerals and vitamins that helps in the restoration of skin cell.
- Cut potato into thick slices
- Rub the juice on the slices over your stretch marks
- Allow it to dry. Then rinse it off.
- Moisturise your skin with olive oil or coconut oil after applying the treatment
The protein in egg is said to be good for the skin and in dealing with stubborn stretch marks.
- Separate egg white from the yolk
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl with a fork.
- Apply over stretch marks
- Leave it on till it dries. Then rinse it off with water.
- Apply olive oil to the area to keep it Moisturized.
This is an oil that is effective In treating many skin problems such as dark spots, fine lines and pimples. It’s very effective for the treatment of stretch marks and make them fade fast.
- Add 5 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl.
- Heat it till it becomes lukewarm.
- Apply over the stretch marks and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with water afterwards.
Vitamin E oil
Regular use of vitamin E oil can help fade the appearance of stretch marks. You can find many lotions that contain vitamin E, and you can also buy the capsules. Open and squeeze the oil in the capsule into your hands and apply over the stretch marks.
Ways you can prevent the appearance of stretch marks
- Eat a balanced diet. Ensure your meal is rich in nutrients and vitamins that promote skin health and elasticity. Include foods that contain vitamin E,vitamin A, antioxidants and omega-3 and 6 acids in your diet.
- Increase your water intake.
- Watch your weight.
- Moisturize your skin daily with natural oils such as cocoa butter, coconut oil, shea butter, almond oil and olive oil.
- Stay away from chemicals that dries up the skin.