Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
These homemade hair moisturizers will bring your hair back to life and pump in moisture, strength and shine into your hair. They are cheap and affordable and most of the ingredients can be found in your home. Add these hair moisturizing recipes into your hair care regimen for longer, healthier and well hydrated hair.
Leave in conditioner with whipped shea
This is an excellent hydration therapy for dry coarse hair. It can be used to seal in moisture to hair. Just spray some water on your hair and apply this homemade leave-in conditioner to your hair. This will lock and seal in moisture into your hair for a longer time.
– ½ cup unrefined shea butter
– ½ cup leave-in conditioner
– ¼ cup almond oil
– few drops of lemon essential oil or your favorite
- Melt the Shea butter. Do this until the butter is soft and half melted.
- Whip the butter with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the oils to the shea butter and mix together .
- Finally add the leave-in conditioner and Whip all the ingredients together.
- Put the homemade scalp moisturizer in a jar and store in a cool dry place.
Homemade Aloe Vera Juice spritz
This is great for replenishing moisture to hair.
– ¼ cup water
– 2 tbsp aloe vera juice
– 2 tbsp glycerin
– 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
– 1 tbsp jojoba oil
– few drops lavender essential oil or your favorite.
- Pour the water, aloe vera juice, glycerin, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and essential oil into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Store the bottle in your refrigerator.
Avocado, Shea Butter and Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner
This homemade hair conditioner is ideal for those with thick or kinky hair. It moisturizes, detangles and conditions kinky hair. It is also suitable for all hair types.
1 Ripe Avocado
½ Cup Shea Butter
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- Apply it to hair and scalp, cover hair with shower cap. Leave homemade moisturizer on hair for half an hour.
- Rinse off.
- This homemade conditioner should be applied once every week for gorgeous hair.