Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Best Natural hangover cures
Hangover is the unpleasant after effect of drinking excess alcohol. Symptoms of hangover includes headache, drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, dry mouth and loss of appetite. Alcohol is a diuretic which means drinking too much of it can lead to dehydration. Many of the symptoms of hangover are caused by dehydration. Here are tips for easing the symptoms of hangover and ways to prevent it.
Ginger is one of the best remedies for reducing nausea and vomiting. Nibble on sliced or pickled ginger in the aftermath of a night of drinking. It gives fast relief by aiding in the digestion of alcohol. You can also make a ginger drink.
- Add a cup of sliced ginger to 3 cups of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes and drain.
- Add 2 tablespoon of lemon and a quarter cup of honey
- Mix and drink
Drink lemon infused water
Lemon-infused water supports detoxification by boosting liver function and tissue regeneration. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a glass of water and drink it.
Drink more fluid
Hangover is a sign of dehydration. Avoid coffee or drinks that has caffeine. Drink water in between shots and keep yourself hydrated after you have taken alcohol. Coconut water is also a good hangover cure because it’s filled with electrolytes that your body needs for rehydration.
This is rich in antioxidants and potassium and is a good remedy for combating hangover. The fructose in honey helps the body metabolize alcohol. Mix two tablespoons of honey in a glass of warm water and drink it. You can also take 3 tablespoons of honey every one hour until hangover symptoms reduce.
This potassium rich fruit is a great cure for hangover. Consuming alcohol in large quantity deplete the body’s supply of potassium. Eating bananas is a fast way to replenish this essential mineral.
Alcohol disrupts your sleep cycle and leaves you feeling tired and sleep deprived. Try to get enough sleep.
Eating a bacon sandwich can help cure a hangover. The carbohydrates in the bread boost blood-sugar levels and speeds up metabolism. This helps get rid of alcohol quickly. Protein in the bacon break down into amino acids. Your brain needs these amino acids to help relax it.
The detoxifying properties of Lemon can help ease the symptoms of hangover.
- Squeeze one lemon into a glass of warm water.
- Add two tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of ginger juice, stir and drink up.
Ways to prevent hangover
The best prevention of hangover is not drinking alcohol in the first place. If you must indulge in it the following tips can help prevent the after effect.
- Don’t mix different alcohol together doing so may increase hangover symptoms.
- Alternate alcohol with water this will help reduce the amount of alcohol you will take. It will also help prevent having a hangover.
- Know your limit. Pay attention to how different alcohol beverages affects you. Try not to have more than one alcoholic drink within two hours.
- Drink slowly.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach.