Fruits are a good source of vitamins and minerals which are vital for good health and maintenance of our body. The following are the health benefits of that can be reaped from eating these juicy and succulent wonders.
Health Benefits of Eating Fruits
- They are rich in dietary fiber which keeps you feeling full for long. Fiber also helps lower cholesterol .
- Eating fruits can help reduce the risk of certain diseases like heart disease, cancer and high blood pressure.
- They are healthy, easy and convenient snacks and can be used to replace unhealthy snacks.
- Minor infection such as cold and flu are reduced because of the high vitamin c content.
- A very rich source of antioxidants which helps fight off free radicals and help stop premature ageing.
- Most fruits are low in calorie. Filling up on them can help in weight management.
- They are a natural source of energy.
- It’s also a good source of folate for women who are pregnant or of childbearing age.