Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This homemade body butter absorbs well and leaves the skin feeling soft and well moisturized. If you are looking for a body cream that doesn’t contain chemicals and is made of natural ingredients, this recipe is for you.
Shea Homemade Body Butter Recipe
1 cup Organic, raw Shea butter
½ cup cocoa butter
½ cup coconut oil
10-30 drops of your favorite essential oils. I used Lavender and Lime
- Melt Shea butter,cocoa butter and coconut oil in a pot on a stove top.Remove from heat and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in essential oils of your choice.
- Place oil mixture in a freezer to chill for 30 minutes or till it’s partly hardened.
- Use a hand mixer to Whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
- Store in an airtight container or glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.
You can use what ever oils you wish if you don’t like any of the oil in this recipe. Just make sure you keep the ratio 75% solid to 25% liquid.
It’s important to chill before whipping, If you don’t chill it properly, it won’t whip or stay whipped.
Leaving it 30 minutes in the freezer usually does the trick.
You should store in a cool place. The body butter may melt if your home is above 75 degrees. You can store in your refrigerator to keep it solid if it melts.