Health and living digest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Dark spots occur on the body due to a number of factors such as vitamin deficiency, overexposure to the sun, pregnancy, acne marks and stress . Most dark spots and patches can be lightened to improve the appearance of the skin and restore a glowing complexion. Here are top 6 natural (DIY) dark spot remover.
Natural Dark Spot Remover
This contains a natural astringent and has antibacterial properties that helps stop the pores from clogging. It acts as an exfoliant and helps remove dead skin cells. Lemon juice eliminates excess sebum and makes the skin dry. It’s important to use a moisturizer after this procedure.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a cup
- Dip a cotton wool into the juice and apply to affected area of the skin
- Allow the lemon juice to dry. Then rinse it off with water
- Repeat twice daily to remove dark spots and clean pores.
This plant has a lot of healing properties and it is very popular in the treatment of burns and stings. It hydrates the skin and its effective in fading dark spot.
- Apply aloe vera gel on affected area
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse off.
With regular application, dark spot will fade away.
Potato has bleaching properties which helps remove dark spots and blemishes from the skin.
- Grate potato and mix with one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply to affected area and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse out with water
This is effective in toning the skin and lightening freckles . It also helps with inflammation caused by acne spot.
- Blend cucumber into a paste
- Squeeze some lemon juice into the cucumber
- Add rose water and glycerine and mix thoroughly
- Apply mask to face.
- Allow to dry then rinse off
Red onions and Apple cider vinegar
The acid in onions and apple cider works by speeding up the process by which the skin sheds. They also balance skin PH level and improve blood circulation. They can help even out skin tone.
- Add some onions into a blender. Blend till its smooth
- Add 2 tablespoon of apple cider and mix thoroughly.
- Use a cotton ball to dab mixture on dark spots.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse out.
Repeat treatment daily.
This is another natural skin lightening agent. It is effective in removing dark marks caused by melasma and suntan.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of Turmeric with 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix together in a cup
- Apply on clean dry face.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and wash off.
Sun-rays are one of the main cause of dark spot and patches. It is important to apply sunscreen to protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Always wear hats and sunblock before exposure to sunlight.