This is a list of some homemade DIY beauty hacks that use ingredients straight from your kitchen. They are perfect all natural ways to get a flawless skin and hair without spending a lot of money.
DIY Beauty Hacks
1. Tea bags for dark circle
Tea bag is an effective natural remedy for puffiness and dark circles around the eye. The tannic acid in black tea reduces swelling and soothes the skin around the eyes.
- Simply soak a teabag in hot water.
- Cool the tea bag in the fridge or freezer.
- Remove the teabags from the fridge, lay back and place one tea bag over each eye.
- Keep your head tilted back and your eyes closed. Leave the teabags on your eyes for 10 to 20 minutes.
- For best results, repeat this process every week.
2. Coconut oil for lip hydration
Lips become chapped for a number of reasons, from the weather to excessive licking. The solution is using this DIY method to hydrate and moisturize your lips. Coconut oil restores the lipid layer of the skin and it’s also anti inflammatory.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon organic honey.
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax .
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
In a small pan, melt the beeswax halfway then add the coconut oil, honey and olive oil. . After it’s all melted, stir and pour into a small container and apply to your lips throughout the day or when needed.
3. Avocado face mask
Avocado is loaded with vitamin E, healthy fats, and antioxidants to help keep skin smooth.Vitamin E may help with cell regeneration as well as making your skin feel soft.
- Simply mash the avocado in a small bowl and combine with 2 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply to your face. (Be careful around your eyes).
- Let it sit on your face for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Follow with your favorite moisturizer.
4. Apple cider Vinegar & Rosewater for acne
Apple cider vinegar is antibacterial and will get rid of pimple and acne-causing bacteria. It also has astringent properties that will dry up the oil on your skin. Rose water makes your skin feel smooth and soft.
- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and rose-water.
- Dip a cotton ball in this natural skin toner to cleanse and tone your face.
This natural skin toner absorbs excess oil from the surface of oily skin, gets rid of residues and dirt, leaving your skin sparkling clean and acne free.
5. Olive oil for dry and damaged hair
Olive oil has been used for a long time for hair and skin moisturizing. It nourishes and strengthens dry and damaged hair. It can be mixed with other ingredients such as avocado or banana,
- Work 3 tablespoon of olive oil through warm and damp hair from roots to tips.
- Cover hair with a shower cap and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse.
6. Sugar and coconut oil for exfoliation
It’s important to always exfoliate your skin. When new skin forms in the skin’s inner layer, old skin is pushed to the outer surface. Some of the old skin cells flakes off but some of it may remain, making your skin dull and rough. exfoliation gets rid of dead skin.
- Mix half cup brown sugar with 2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture all over your body in circular motions.
- Rinse off and apply your favourite lotion.
This will leave your skin feeling smooth and soft.